Terms & Conditions of Membership
These Terms set out the basis on which we grant you membership to the TradePoint Membership Scheme (the Scheme). Your application for and membership to the Scheme is considered acceptance of these Terms.
In these Terms, when we say:
- you or your, we mean you, the individual applying for the TradePoint Card;
- we, us or our, we mean TradePoint; TradePoint is a trading name of B&Q plc, a limited company registered in England (Company No: 00973387), whose registered office is B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom and whose VAT registration number is GB 232 5555 75;
- Product or Products, we mean the goods and products that we sell; and
- Website, we mean the website at the following URL www.trade-point.co.uk that is operated by us or on our behalf.
- You must be 18 or over to apply for membership to the Scheme.
- If you apply in store, we'll give you a temporary Scheme membership card while we process your application and once you are a Scheme member we’ll issue your TradePoint Card. Acceptance of your application is at our sole discretion.
- To purchase Products from our Website you will need to activate your online account using the membership number on your TradePoint Card (or temporary Scheme membership card).
- TradePoint Cards (and temporary Scheme membership cards) are personal to the individual named on the card and cannot be transferred, and are for use only in connection with the trade entity named as a member. In stores you must show your card to make a purchase.
- Each purchase of Products by you as a Scheme member is governed by our TradePoint Terms and Conditions of Sale, a copy of which can be found on our Website or in store. Please read these terms carefully. We draw your attention to the provisions in those terms relating to the limits on our liability.
- You are only entitled to use your TradePoint Card (or temporary Scheme membership card) in connection with the purchase of Products in the course of your business, trade or profession.
- We shall not be liable in any way if you are unable to use your TradePoint Card (or temporary Scheme membership card) due (directly or indirectly) to any data processing or transmission link failure or any other cause beyond our reasonable control.
- TradePoint Cards (and temporary Scheme membership cards) remain our property. You must return your card if we ask for it and you must tell us immediately if your card is lost, stolen or misused. We shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use of the card prior to notification to us. You may end your membership to the Scheme at any time by returning your TradePoint Card to us. Cards should be returned to TradePoint, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom.
- Scheme membership is at our sole discretion and can be suspended or withdrawn at any time.
- We may update, vary and amend these Terms from time to time without prior notice. Please check in store or on our Website to ensure that you understand which Terms apply. These Terms were last updated on 18th August 2014.
- These Terms (including any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms) are governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and both you and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.