See more Stoves
Dimplex Opti-myst Black Cast iron effect Electric Stove
This electric fire features a optimyst 3d flame effect with & without heat which instantly adds an inviting, warming glow to the room. This fire is operated manually and the function controls are located on the unit.
- Guarantee - 2 years
- No chimney or flue required
Features and benefits
The Dimplex Opti-Myst electric stove is a smart alternative to a gas or wood burning fire. It comes in a deep black cast-iron style finish, and is suitable for many rooms including lounge, dining room and conservatory.
- Engineered with Opti-Myst technology, the flame effect is fully three dimensional and uses ultrasonic technology to create an ultra-fine water mist, which is then illuminated to create the ‘flames’ and the ‘smoke’. Combined with a realistic log effect fuel bed it creates the smart illusion of a real fire. The flames are created by filling a water tank beneath the fuel bed and it is completely safe
- Cast-iron style stove with realistic Opti-myst® flame and smoke effect
- Fully variable flame and smoke intensity control
- 2kW fan heater with choice of two heat settings
- Opening door for added authenticity
|Effect||Cast iron effect|
|Fuel bed effect||Log effect|
Great fire but beware of the service
Chriscornwell - 6 month ago
I've had this fire for 4 months and it looks and works well - well up to when it exploded with a bang and a flash! It will take at least 6 weeks to repair despite being under guarantee. Its the coldest winter for many years . . . If you want a reliable fire then choose elsewhere.
Not value for money
Kay2021 - 7 month ago
Purchased a year and half ago, worked well but door would often steam up straight away you would have to leave the door open. Now the flames not working and now reviewing the product it’s a common product. Shop around
Rubbish don't waste your money
Maria49 - 8 month ago
I barely had this product a year and the water tank cap has split costs £50 to get replacement read other reviews and it is a common fault. Wish I had never wasted my money on this product.
Disappointing given the high cost to purchase
ToeKneeBee - 10 month ago
Bought this item when they first came out and absolutely loved it for a few months until transponder failed, given the extortionate cost to replace transponder with original I sourced a Chinese equivalent for £3 which worked well, but they don’t last very long and you have to keep all components clean in order for it to work correctly.
Now the power source to the transponder has failed (£24volt) which form part of the motherboard. Utter nightmare as I now have to get another power source and wire direct to original transducer connection. If you are not competent with electrical products then steer clear of these fires as running costs to keep them maintained are excessive.
Don't waste your money on this fire
Mr Cold - 10 month ago
I bought this product 4 years ago and since then I have had to buy a number of transducers which produce the smoke/flame effect at almost £50 each . When the transducer fails the fire turns itself off and you are unable to use it at all . NO LIGHT ! NO HEAT !!!!!!L