See more Garden furniture paint & treatments
Dulux Weathershield Gallant grey Satin Metal & wood paint, 2.5L
This Gallant grey paint has been specially designed to give a durable and long-lasting satin finish on exterior doors & windows. Simply apply with a brush and leave for to dry - a great way to give the surfaces additional protection. Covers 18m² per litre on average.
- Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean and dry with no dirt, grease or flaking paint. Sand down the surface to remove any sheen. Areas affected by mould, algae, fungi or lichen should be treated with an appropriate fungicidal wash. Prepare bare wood with Weathershield Exterior Preservative Primer+ (BP), wiping off any excess and Dulux Exterior Undercoat prior to use. Prepare bare metal surfaces with Dulux Primer & Undercoat for Multi Surfaces. Surface defects should be repaired using the appropriate Polycell product.
- Stir thoroughly before use to ensure the paint is completely mixed. Apply 1 or 2 coats with a brush. Tip: It is advisable to only use light colours on south facing resinous wood. Apply only in dry conditions, above 10°C and when bad weather is not forecast.
Features and benefits
At B&Q we want you to be satisfied with your colour selection. Not all monitors will display colours the same and paint tins may not show the same colour as your walls do in natural light. We therefore recommend you order a tester pot online or pop in store to pick one up so you are sure that this is the right colour for you.
- Quick dry and water based paint that can be used on exterior wood, metal and uPVC
- 10 year weather protection
- Mould resistant film to minimise staining and flexible to prevent cracking
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Recoat time||6 hours|
|Resistant to cracking||Crack resistant|
great application and drying time
EL BEE - 1 month ago
I found this very easy to apply and non drip, one coat was enough on aginf fences to give a great look and finish
lewblake - 3 month ago
Loved the colour went on so easily even used it to paint our electric box and gas and water box so it all matches. Changed our handles and other accessories completely changed the front of our house.
Expensive but goes twice as far as cheaper brands
Lcmoore - 3 month ago
I painted my summerhouse with this paint after having disasterous results from a cheaper brand. You do need to apply two coats of this paint but it actually goes twice as far as other paints. It is lovely and thick and a pleasure to use. Don’t be put off when the first coat dries patchy as the second coat dries beautifully. One 2.5l tin was sufficient for two coats on my summerhouse. Very pleased with the results.
Brilliant paint this
mattyb77 - 4 month ago
I've used this on my wooden fences, metal garage door and brick window sills. Works lovely and as you'd expect! The brick it has struggled with a tad, but I didn't do any prep other than a light brush. For the wood and metal it's been spot on. Can well recommend. Only issue is its a bit pricey.
Absolutely terrible paint
Analyst57 - 10 month ago
I have always bought Dulux paint and chose this to paint my garage doors. Used Weathershield dark grey undercoat which went on like a dream. Not so with the topcoat in Weathershield gallant grey. It dries far too quickly leaving unsightly roller marks which you cannot go over as this makes it worse. The paint gives the doors a nasty plastic appearance and the light catches every roller mark - looks dreadful. I’m hoping I can rectify this by buying a different brand of exterior metal paint and repainting. I am an
experienced painter and carried out all the proper preparation work before painting.