See more Garden furniture paint & treatments
Dulux Weathershield Gallant grey Satin Metal & wood paint, 2.5L
This Gallant grey paint has been specially designed to give a durable and long-lasting satin finish on exterior doors & windows. Simply apply with a brush and leave for to dry - a great way to give the surfaces additional protection. Covers 18m² per litre on average.
- Ensure surfaces to be painted are clean and dry with no dirt, grease or flaking paint. Sand down the surface to remove any sheen. Areas affected by mould, algae, fungi or lichen should be treated with an appropriate fungicidal wash. Prepare bare wood with Weathershield Exterior Preservative Primer+ (BP), wiping off any excess and Dulux Exterior Undercoat prior to use. Prepare bare metal surfaces with Dulux Primer & Undercoat for Multi Surfaces. Surface defects should be repaired using the appropriate Polycell product.
- Stir thoroughly before use to ensure the paint is completely mixed. Apply 1 or 2 coats with a brush. Tip: It is advisable to only use light colours on south facing resinous wood. Apply only in dry conditions, above 10°C and when bad weather is not forecast.
Features and benefits
At B&Q we want you to be satisfied with your colour selection. Not all monitors will display colours the same and paint tins may not show the same colour as your walls do in natural light. We therefore recommend you order a tester pot online or pop in store to pick one up so you are sure that this is the right colour for you.
- Quick dry and water based paint that can be used on exterior wood, metal and uPVC
- 10 year weather protection
- Mould resistant film to minimise staining and flexible to prevent cracking
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Recoat time||6 hours|
|Resistant to cracking||Crack resistant|
Thick and quality
snow2go - 1 month ago
Thick paint that we used on wrought iron gates, with plenty of fiddly leaves. The paint does dry quite quickly but that helped as didn’t drip. Looks good.
Tig 170 - 1 month ago
Although I use this for a professional use - its nevertheless perfect for diy use -but you do have to be very careful in appling it - in that it sets within 10mins on UPVC windows - so use a very soft brush if you need a very smooth finish
Why do I bother - 2 month ago
Always used weathershild in the past with great results. They have changed the formula. It looks like cake batter in the tin. Tried it strigth from the tin, thinned, rolled, brshed with several different brush types - it streaks, doesn't cover and dries too quickly. A weeks worth of hard work stripping and prearing a 1930s front door is ruined. Might as wel have thrown it at the door.
great application and drying time
EL BEE - 4 month ago
I found this very easy to apply and non drip, one coat was enough on aginf fences to give a great look and finish
lewblake - 5 month ago
Loved the colour went on so easily even used it to paint our electric box and gas and water box so it all matches. Changed our handles and other accessories completely changed the front of our house.