See more Bark
Verve Bark chippings Small 100L Bag
This small landscape bark is suitable for use all around the garden to brighten up untidy beds and borders.
- Dig out any weeds and make sure that the soil is moist and lay weed barrier fabric. Spread bark by hand and rake to ensure even coverage depth of at least 50 mm high (2")
- Ideal for top dressing beds and boarders. Looks great and enriches the soil at the same time.
Features and benefits
- Verve's chipped bark locks in vital moisture and keeps weeds at bay, creating the perfect backdrop for happy healthy plants.
- For a long lasting effect, leave the soil undisturbed once the chipped bark has been laid. Periodically rake and top up each year with fresh chipped bark. For effective weed suppression (without a weed barrier) make at least 50 mm (2") deep. If laying chipped bark around plants be sure to not pile them up against the base of the plant. When using chipped bark as a decorative ground cover around plants, apply a feed with a general fertiliser each spring to help replace the nitrogen in the soil. For more tips on caring for your plants, check out our handy step-by-step guides and get the most out of your growing media.
- Reseal the bag after use. Keep in a cool and dry place. Protect from heat and direct sunlight. Store away from garden chemicals to prevent contamination
- 100% natural-decorative chip bark, a rustic cover for paths, flower beds and borders
- Can be used all year round
- 50 ltr per 1 m2 at 50 mm depth
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
Dotto - 6 day ago
I bought this product a week ago. Described as small Bark Chippings. wrong! They are huge & inferior Bark.
Not really small...
BugDave - 1 month ago
It’s ok (I think the smell is fine) but not great quality, and certainly not small! Also very compacted so difficult to break up.
Anonymous - 1 month ago
I normally buy bark elsewhere due to a multi-buy offer however they had sold out. Despite the product reviews I headed to B&Q and thought this bark was great. Yes it smelt but all bark does and it does fade - I'd probably smell too if placed wet in a plastic bag and sealed! It was small as described compared to 'large' which I have previously purchased. I found nothing unexpected in my bags other than bark and no B&Q don't deliver the product but couldn't find any other large chains that did either. So either I got lucky or people just like writing bad reviews. I thought the bark was great and has tidied up my newly dug borders no end.
Terrible smell when laid on beds
James 829 - 1 month ago
As others have pointed out, this product is very compacted in the bag - it seemed to go further than I anticipated. Pieces are large for 'small bark'. Worst thing is that it has a terrible chemical smell - almost like paint. This has given me considerable doubt now that it is on beds. I had hoped that smell would be temporary - but day after laying it is still just as bad. Wondering if they have added some chemical to the bark - perhaps to stop it going mouldy in storage? Doesn't smell natural. If I'd been aware of this beforehand I would not have purchased.
Verve - Verve Bark chippings Small 100L Bag
Graham12Bags - 2 month ago
Verve - Verve Bark chippings Small 100L Bag, what is the matter with you people not delivering this item., I'm looking for 12 bag of 100 litres