See more Multi-purpose compost
Westland Houseplant Compost 8L
- For re-potting house plants.
- 65% peat
- Choose a pot larger than the old one ensuring it has adequate drainage holes. Place a layer of potting mix in the bottom of the new pot and gently tap the old plant from its pot. Place in the new pot ensuring the root ball is slightly below the rim of the new pot. Fill in around the root ball with potting mix, gently tapping the pot to ensure all spaces are filled. Water well. One bag fills approximately 11x 10cm pots
Features and benefits
Westland Houseplant Potting Mix is a specially blended mix for potting or re-potting most indoor plants including cacti and bottle gardens.
- Contains West+ for added performance
- Added perlite for improved aeration
- added Seramis for improved water holding
|Litre capacity (L)||8L|
Louise321 - 5 month ago
Please consider a B&Q peat-free alternative to this product.
Our UK peatlands are vital for carbon capture and act as our very own rainforest, as well as a haven for wildlife.
Expensive and poor mix
Lew789 - 7 month ago
For the amount of product you are getting this is very expensive. Additionally this does not seem too be much different from all purpose compost. It has the same texture and drainage is poor with the mix holding on to water and becoming sticky. The packaging promises added perlite and seramis but there honestly seems to be such a small amount of both that it would have no real benefit. If I'm honest I'd say it's only a handful of each per bag. I had to mix in quite a bit of additional perlite to get what I had expected. Also it came with a free carpenter ant which was not a welcome gift.
10 litres is better
LeezeL - 1 year ago
Wasn't enough for a large own pot for a large plant. Meant I had to shop elsewhere as they didn't deliver. Messy
Not a bad price for size, but!
tinalondon - 1 year ago
The price at B&Q for the 8ltr is pretty good.
The soil not so good.
I purchased 3 bags and all had a lot of broken pottery in them amongst other things.
Will have to see if my existing plants, I have transferred into bigger pots and cuttings survive. I hope so as will not be happy if they don't!!.
I would upload photos but doesn't seem to be a link to do this via App reviews.
I repot all my indoor plants with this
TheOnlyGardenGirl - 1 year ago
I buy this a lot, houseplants love it as well as some of my succulents. When I repot a shop bought plant I replace it with this and it goes wild! It's worth the price because it's really good quality in my opinion