See more Loft insulation
Knauf Eko Roll Loft insulation roll, (L)5.68m (W)1.14m (T)170mm
This loft insulation is one of 3 pack sizes available from Eko Roll, this roll measures (L)5.68m (W)1400mm (T)170mm and provides excellent thermal performance.
- Is one of 3 pack sizes available from Eko Roll, this roll measures (L)5.68m (W)1400mm (T)170mm and provides excellent thermal performance
- 1 year
Features and benefits
- Eko Insulation is a new range of insulation available at B&Q. Specifically made for the thermal upgrade of loft spaces, at ceiling level, Eko Insulation has all your insulation needs covered
- Manufactured by one of the UK’s leading insulation manufacturer’s, Knauf Insulation, Eko Insulation is one of the most environmentally friendly and sustainable products around - it’s made using recycled glass
- Odourless, rot proof, non-hygroscopic, does not sustain vermin and will not encourage the growth of fungi, mould or bacteria
- Easy to handle and install, being lightweight and easily cut to size
- Supplied in polythene packs which are designed for short term protection only
- For longer term protection on site, the product should be stored either indoors, or under cover and off the ground. EkoRoll should not be left permanently exposed to the elements
|R-value (thermal resistance)||3.85m²K/W|
|Model name/number||170mm Top Up Layer|
Does the job!
Callum M - 6 month ago
In the process of completely renovating a house, and decided to go with this stuff. It's easy to handle (doesn't make your hands itch) but I STRONGLY recommend you wear gloves and a decent mask, none of the cheap tosh that's flooded the market.
My main gripe with it is that it's split into 4 sections comprising of 2 x one thirds + 2 x one sixths. Why you ask? I'm thinking it's for narrower bits (the 2 x one sixths) but as you can imagine when renovating a full house it's completely useless and not helpful at all. For this reason I'm rating it 4 stars instead of 5.
Overall, pretty good.
Easy peasy ......
Sandra777 - 9 month ago
After reading a review from another mature lady I went for it.
Bought one packet as I only needed a small length to replace a wasp nest being destroyed had made.
With the insulation still intact inside packaging I cut the width I needed with a long serrated knife downstairs. Took what was required to the loft and unrolled between the joists. Finished off with a pair of sharp scissors. Job done!!!
If a 5'2" / 7st / 66yr old female can do it ~ I'm sure you can!!
Made a difficult job a lot easier
GD7 - 1 year ago
Decided to put insulation between the joists under my lounge floor and it was by far the worst job I’ve ever undertaken, lying in a small space tacking on netting and holding the insulation up etc I’m sure you get the picture. I was initially going for the non-itchy stuff but after reading the positive reviews here got this instead and it is excellent, light and easy to work with and cut but strong enough to be pulled over pipes and cables without tearing. The dust and particles are minimal but I wouldn’t use it without a mask, eye protection and gloves but it’s light years ahead of the old stuff. Highly recommended.
Kerbhugger - 1 year ago
Rolls are pre cut , very handy, and pull apart very easily. Very clean to work with and very little dust. No itchiness on my wrist which wouldn't stay covered.
Great to work with
HaxbyP - 1 year ago
Used this for my bungalow loft area as a top up to the miserly amount in there of the old style itchy glass fibre stuff. The Eko roll was brilliant to work with -soft and non irritating. The rolls are really nicely pre-perforated to spilt to suit the width spaces working on and it’s easy to tear to the right length or cut with an old bread knife. The B&Q guide to loft insulation was really useful too. Good value as I got a bulk discount.