The Covid-19 situation continues to change rapidly, and we’re focusing on protecting our colleagues and customers, whilst ensuring we continue to provide you with the access to the products and services you need. Unfortunately, we’re unable to provide our timber cutting service at the moment.
When you're a TradePoint member it's always a good time to get your timber cut. We'll do it for you whenever you need it - there and then on the B&Q shop floor.
Why use our timber cutting service?
- No need to book in advance, just show up when you need us
- Save time, money and effort
- Avoid making mess in your work space
- An accurate and precise cut every time
- First 15 cuts for free, after that it's just 50p per cut
- Wood cutting service every day of the week
Come in-store when you're ready
You don't need to book, just turn up when you need us. Once you've bought your timber in-store, we can cut it for you to the size you need. Just check your local store details as services do sometimes vary from branch to branch.
Check with your nearest TradePoint storefor more information.
Our saws operational capabilities and limitations
Our vertical panel saws are designed to cut wood-based panels only. The saw cannot cut doors, fence panels and lattices, plasterboard and mineral based boards, strip timber and thick structural timber.
We can cut panels that have the following minimum and maximum dimensions:
- Minimum panel length – 500mm
- Minimum panel height – 230mm
- Maximum panel length – 3300mm
- Maximum panel height – 2160mm
- Maximum panel thickness – 80mm
Cross cut saws
We use cross cut saws in the following stores: Banbury, Bedford, Bedford (TradePoint), Bognor Regis, Burgess Hill, Milton Keynes, Poole and Sydenham. All of our other stores with a timber cutting service use vertical panel saws. Check with your nearest B&Q store for more information.
This saw is supplied to allow the cutting of strip wood and structural timbers. Only non-panel products that conform to the following can be cut using this saw:
- Maximum material thickness: 125mm
- Maximum material width: 150mm
- Maximum material length: 3000mm
The cross cut saw can only make square cuts. Other agencies, mitres, grooves or points cannot be cut.