See more Soil improvers
Gro Sure Perlite 10L
This bag of perlite is suitable for all applications - sowing seeds and potting on plants.
- Instructions for use - For harder cuttings and for fragile plants increase to two parts Perlite and one part Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost. Keep well watered, but ensure pots can freely drain. We recommend dampening the Perlite before use, to reduce dust. When using the whole bag contents, add up to 1 litre (2 pints) of water in the bag and leave to soak for several minutes before use. For rooting cuttings - For soft stem and leaf cuttings, use a mixture of equal parts by volume of Gro-Sure Seed & Cutting Compost and Gro-Sure Perlite. For Potting on - Use a mixture of Gro-Sure All Purpose Compost with 25% Gro-Sure Perlite added. Perlite can be used wholly or in part replacement of sand and/or grit to create a light and very open structure, improving drainage, aeration and insulation. Before transplanting plants from pots to containers it is recommended to water the plants well and allow to drain. Remove plants from their pots and place into the container, firming compost around the plant roots. Once the container is fully planted, water well and feed as appropriate.
- Suggested use period - Can be used all year round, especially between March and September
- Chemical care - Inert product
Features and benefits
Gro-Sure perlite improves aeration and drainage for healthy root growth and is therefore ideal for use when rooting cuttings and potting-on
- Stimulates strong healthy root growth
- Helps increase absorption & water retention
- Improves aeration and drainage
- Naturally occurring lightweight material
- Can be added to seed & cutting compost for additional benefits
Health and safety
Please note that this item has additional safety or regulatory datasheets available. The product may have possible health and safety hazards covered in these documents. Refer to the container for full information and always follow the instructions.
|Suitable season||All year round|
Ian22 - 1 year ago
Use in all my soil mixes to keep the soil loose. Excellent for cuttings grown in pure perlite
IanPB - 1 year ago
This brand of perlite is rubbish because it's far too fine. When used on its own (hydroponically) or in a high ratio with soil, it tends to compact and throttle the life out of the plant's rooting systems, and for this same reason, it's totally unsuitable as a solitary rooting medium for seeds and clones. Unfortunately,it appears to be the only brand and grade of perlite available these days, because store buyers appear to be hopelessly uninformed on the subject. They need to insist that the suppliers switch to the far more effective 'coarse' grade.