See more Petrol lawnmowers
Mountfield SP53H 160cc Petrol Lawnmower
- Ideal for cutting grass and keeping your lawn neat and tidy
- Comes with Ergonomically shaped soft grip folding handles
- Cutting width - 510mm
- Blade type - Steel
Features and benefits
Powered by the new Honda GCV170 autochoke 167cc engine this Mountfield mower is designed to provide an excellent finish on all types of lawn. lawn. Self propelled, no need to push, ideal for maintaining your lawn with minimum effort - particularly if your lawn has slopes
- The Autochoke system on the engine automatically sets the choke to give optimum starting and running in all cutting conditions.
- Rugged powder coated and hard wearing steel chassis
- Mulching plug finely cuts grass timinings into a nitrogen-rich mulch which is recycled back into the lawn as a natural fertiliser
- It has a steel chassis with skid plate which reduces scalping of the lawn
- A 3 year warranty plus a dedicated service link aftersales support and advice helpline with a network of garden machinery repair specialists available on 0800 121 6585
|Fuel tank capacity||1L|
Could be better
T58 - 28 day ago
I bought this to replace a 12 year old Mountfield that has given me great service.
Just a few bits of plastic have now worn and make life harder than it needs be. Eg the grass box no longer hooks on properly.
So the new mower is good, but not as good as the last.
Honda engine is not as thirsty and a bit quieter. Starts well as it should.
I feel the height settings are slightly out. On the lowest setting the rear of the deck catches the ground and digs in when you pull it backwards.
Height two is just a tad too high for me.
The drive is harsh when you engage it. It clunks into drive and I feel this will cause excess wear in to short a time. ( my old Mountfield does not do this)
So I ensure I push the mower into forward motion manually and then engage the drive.
The deck itself is ok, but the handles and control bars are quite lightweight and the deadman’s lever bar has already popped out of position.
The grass collection box is pretty poor. It’s too lightweight and it’s capacity is not that of my older model.