1. Who we are
- B&Q Limited, a limited company registered in England (company number: 00973387), whose registered office is B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom. TradePoint is a trading name of B&Q Limited;
- B&Q Ireland Limited, a limited company registered in the Republic of Ireland (company number: 156844), whose registered office is 6th Floor, 2 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Republic of Ireland;
- B&Q (Retail) Jersey Limited, a limited company registered in Jersey (company number: 9769), whose registered office is Gaspé House, 66-72 Esplanade, St Helier JE2 3QT, Jersey; and
- B&Q (Retail) Guernsey Limited, a limited company registered in Guernsey (company number: 2572), whose registered office is Canada Court, Upland Road, St Peter Port GY1 3BQ, Guernsey
You can find out how to contact us in Section 11 below.
2. Your privacy
In the course of our dealings with you, we will collect and process personal information about you. Personal information includes any information allowing us to identify you as an individual, for example, your name, your email address or your telephone number.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will use your personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations that relate to data protection and privacy, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- what personal information we collect;
- why we collect this information;
- how we will use it;
- how long we will keep it;
- who else will see it;
- how you can contact us;
- your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold, including your rights to change, delete and see your information.
When using our website we will also place cookies on your device - please see our Cookies page for more information about the cookies we use and how you can change your cookie settings.
As described below, we may share your personal information with other organisations that may receive and process your personal information as a controller in their own right (see Section 9 for further detail)
3. What information do we collect?
We collect the following types of personal information:
(a) Information we collect when you register with us
When you register with us, we may ask you for a number of pieces of information including:
- your name;
- your postal/delivery address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- your profession;
- a password – please keep this safe;
- whether you would like to receive information from us via email, SMS text, post or telephone;
- if you are placing an order, we will also ask for your payment card number, expiry date and CVV number.
- information that you provide by filling in forms, including those on our Digital Services. This includes information provided by you at the time of becoming a registered user of our Website or a member of a scheme we operate (including the B&Q Club) (or any time thereafter) or if you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us. This information could include your name, date of birth, address, contact details, information about your home and information about your DIY and home improvement capabilities and intentions; and
- information concerning your marketing preferences.
(b) Information we collect about how you use our Digital Services and when you shop with us
- When you shop with us instore, online, browse our Websites or other organisations’ websites where our adverts are shown, or use our Digital Services, we may collect:
- information about any devices you have used (including the manufacturer, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers);
- product selection;
- cookies and information about your online browsing behaviour and history on our Digital Services, your location, and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites);
- details of your purchases with or through us;
- information that you provide to us by using our Digital Services, including any photos you have uploaded on our web and mobile platforms and applications;
- information contained in and records of communications between us, including recordings of telephone calls when you contact us and instant messaging applications;
- information about your preferences in connection with our Digital Services, for the purposes of enhancing and personalising your experience on our Digital Services;
- CCTV footage in which you feature when you visit our premises; and in the event that you have an accident while on our premises that you bring to our attention, we may record details of that accident and any injury you suffer in the relevant store's accident log.
Please note that if you register an account and/or shop online with us, we will be able to link the information collected from you before registration and/or your online purchase (such as your online browsing behaviour) to your account and future information that we collect after registration and/or your online purchase.
4. Why do we ask for this information?
- When you place an order we need your contact and payment information to enable us to take payment and fulfil your order. You can browse our website without providing us with any of this information. When you want to place an order via the website, we ask you to login or register so you can open a customer profile and upload and save images, save your browsing information and your preferences and retrieve them from any of your devices.
- We ask for information (for example your tastes in colour and style, the size of your house) to better guide you in the viewing of our offering and use of our services.
- You may also provide us with personal information via our forums, product questions and reviews, customer support video chat, survey responses or competition entries.
- We will ask for or collect your personal information when you use our customer support services, including telephone support, instant messaging and video chats.
- We ask for your permission to send you marketing and promotional material via post, telephone, email and SMS so that we can send you free gifts, discount vouchers, invitations to events, special offers and other marketing material that we believe may be of interest to you. If you give permission, you will be able to withdraw it at any time:
- by using the unsubscribe link in each communication we send out which will opt you out of receiving either marketing emails or SMS messages, as applicable;
- by emailing us email@example.com; or
- by writing to TradePoint Data Processing Department, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom or by using the Contact Us enquiry form on our Website.
You do not have to give us permission in order to use our website.
Please note that, even if you choose not to receive this marketing information, we may still use your personal information to provide you with important services communications, including communications in relation to any orders you submit or products you purchase. We may also offer you the opportunity to indicate the specific types of marketing communications you are particularly interested in receiving from us; where possible, we will tailor the communications you receive to reflect your choices, but we may send you other communications that may be of interest to you.
5. How do we use your personal information
We have set out below the purposes for which we use your personal information. We are also required by law to state a "legal basis for processing", i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below. The legal basis for each purpose is that we have your consent for the use of your personal information, or that we need to use your personal information in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are).
Our Digital Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
6. How long do we keep your personal information?
We are required by law to keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal information will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
7. Who do we share your personal information with?
We are a member of the Kingfisher Group of companies including B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama and Brico Dépôt (for more information on the Kingfisher Group please visit: www.kingfisher.com).
We may share your personal information with other members of the Kingfisher Group in connection with the purposes above and those listed below. Members of the Kingfisher Group may also use the personal information we share with them to improve our and their websites and other digital services, for analysis purposes and to offer you products and services that they believe may be of interest to you.
We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf that involve the processing of personal information.
For example, we may engage third party service providers to fulfil orders, deliver packages, send postal mail, SMS text messages and email, maintain and update our databases of customer details (including the removal of repetitive or incorrect information), analyse data to help us develop, provide and improve our products and services, provide marketing assistance, process card payments, carry out surveys and installations, provide customer service and handle claims.
These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. We may use the information we receive from third parties to supplement, improve and add to our databases of customer details, for purposes such as credit checking and fraud prevention.
We may share information that we hold about you (for example, your email address and information about your purchases) with third parties that also hold your information or have an existing online relationship with you in order to identify you and to enable us (or Kingfisher Group companies or other third parties on our behalf) to provide you with relevant marketing online. For instance, we may share your information with social networking sites such as Facebook and Google so that they can identify you as a customer of ours and can tailor the marketing we send you via their sites and products.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including in the following circumstances:
- We may pass personal information to external agencies and organisations (including the police and other law enforcement agencies) for the purpose of preventing and detecting fraud (including fraudulent transactions) and criminal activity. These external agencies may check the information we give them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks. We may also disclose personal information to the police and other law enforcement authorities in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
- We may pass personal information to our insurers in the event that a claim is made or could be made against us. For example, we may send CCTV footage and information contained in our accident logs to our insurers.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose personal information held by us to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (or subject to a reorganisation within our corporate group), personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (including in connection with a court order), or in order to enforce or apply our Digital Services Ts&Cs, Terms and Conditions of Sale, Supply & Install Terms and other agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you (including agreements between you and us (or one or more of our affiliates)); or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
- We may share anonymous or aggregate data (such as aggregated statistics or other anonymised data) with third parties.
- Transferring personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission; or
- Transferring personal information where the recipient has agreed to a European Commission approved data transfer agreement in the form of the standard contractual clauses.
Links to external sites
Please note that third party websites and applications are not under our control. When you click through to these websites or access these applications you leave the area controlled by us. We do not accept responsibility or liability for any issues arising in connection with the third party's use of your data (including your personal information).
Where will your personal information be processed?
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, one or more countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), including countries which do not provide equivalent protection for personal information. In these circumstances, we will take reasonable steps and implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected in accordance with the law.
These measures generally include either:
Occasionally, we may transfer your personal information in circumstances where there are no adequate safeguards where this is permitted by data protection law.
Please contact us using the details below if you want further information on the specific safeguards used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.
8. Your rights
You have the right to ask us to:
- Confirm what personal information we hold about you and provide you with a copy of that data;
- Correct any personal information that is inaccurate;
- Remove your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to hold that data;
- Temporarily stop using your information if you are questioning our right to use that data;
- Stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate a valid reason why we need to continue to hold that data e.g. to support a product warranty;
- Stop using your personal information to send you marketing materials such as our catalogue, marketing email, discounts or vouchers.
- Provide you with the personal information that you have provided to us, in a structured and commonly-used electronic format, or transmit that information directly to another company if that is technically feasible. This applies where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent or because it is necessary to perform a contract with you (see How do we use your personal information, above).
Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we are able to disclose your personal information to you or comply with other requests.
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you and your preferences as to how we contact you are accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know (details below) and we will amend them.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you're not happy with how we've handled your personal information. The websites for the supervisory authorities that regulate our processing of your personal information are set out below:
||Supervisory authority contact information
||The Information Commissioner's Office
|B&Q Ireland Limited
||The Data Protection Commissioner
|B&Q (Retail) Jersey Limited
||The Office of the Information Commissioner
|B&Q (Retail) Guernsey Limited
||The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
9. How to contact us?
Due to the unprecedented challenges we are all facing during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, you may experience delays when making information rights requests during the pandemic. Where possible, we ask that you contact us via email.
To update your details:
- You can click on this link to access our Data Subject Request Form;
- you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- you can call us on telephone on 03330 143 098 between the hours of 8am-8pm (Monday-Saturday) and 10am-4pm (Sundays & Bank Holidays); or
- you can write to us at: TradePoint Data Processing Department, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom
To ask for a copy of your personal information:
- You can write to us at: TradePoint, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandler's Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE, United Kingdom;
- You can email us at email@example.com
To contact our Data Protection Officer please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Data Protection Officer, B&Q Limited, B&Q House, Chestnut Avenue, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO53 3LE.
10. Protecting your personal information
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; this risk is common across the internet and not specific to our services. We cannot guarantee the security of your data (including your personal information) transmitted to our services; any transmission is at your own risk.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computing device. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computing device or use a computing device in a public place such as a library or internet café.
11. Updates to this notice
We may update this notice from time to time. The latest version of this notice will be posted on our Website.